My Fiesta Ranch Turkey Burgers are not only a cinch to throw together but they can be served a variety of ways making them the ultimate meal prep champion.
While I love to throw burgers on the grill, don’t wait to fire up it up to make these juicy turkey burgers. They cook beautifully on the stovetop without the grease-spattery mess from traditional ground beef.
Folks, this recipe for flavorful turkey burgers couldn’t be easier. You’ll have it memorized in no time, which is a good thing because I bet you’ll be making a lot of these.
In a bowl goes 1LB lean turkey with….drumroll…2TB each green onions, red onions, parsley, red pepper….then we break it down with 2 TSP of fiesta ranch mix (not pictured) and 2 garlic cloves.
We hit a local restaurant after church a few weeks ago and I decided to try their turkey burger. Total disappointment. Not only did the meat look like a factory pressed circle-o-meat but it was rather flavorless and a weeee bit rubbery.
Speaking of pressed meat…this is my favorite trick to making burgers. Simply cover a burger sized tupperware lid with saran wrap and press the meat around and release! Perfect sized burgers every time!
And in case you’re wondering “does this only make 3 burgers??” eh, NO…I was hungry and cooked one. Food blogger problems or solutions? You decide. It was dee-lish.
Topped with melty sharp cheddar cheese and slathered with a mix of sour cream and sriracha all on top of a lightly buttered and toasted bun…drool. I love mine with some avocado slices and a side of salty fries (my daughter ate those soon after the first picture!!) hahaha.
*Make it an easy packed lunch by serving leftover burger patties re-heated and cut into chunks on top of a bed of romaine or lentils topped with anything you’d stack on a burger. Add a little of your favorite salad dressing and lunch the next day is easy and delicious.
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 TB red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 TB red onion, finely chopped
- 2 TB parsley, minced
- 2 TB green onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 tsp. fiesta ranch dry mix
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 tsp sriracha (optional)
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- lettuce and tomato
- bakery hamburger buns
- In a large mixing bowl add turkey and all ingredients through fiesta ranch mix. Gently mix with hands and press out 4 large patties using a lid!
- Heat a large skillet over medium -high heat with extra virgin olive oil. Add patties and cook 7 minutes per side.
- While burgers are cooking mix the sour cream and sriracha sauce and set aside.
- Top with sharp cheddar cheese remove from heat with lid on for 3 minutes to allow cheese to soften.
- Lightly butter some hamburger buns and place buttered side down in skillet until browned like a grilled cheese.
- Build your burger with some sriracha cream sauce (or substitute with ranch), lettuce and tomato.